M5000C Compact OHRCA Live & Broadcast Digital Console
The Roland M-5000C console's internal mix architecture is not fixed and can be freely defined within a range of up to 128 input/output channels/busses. This allows you to essentially "build" a console structure based on the immediate needs of the application. This makes for a console that accommodates high levels of flexibility for precise response to dynamically changing applications and venues.
OHRCA (pronounced “or-ca”) brings adaptability to the world of live audio mixing. It conforms to the needs of both the application and the operator by delivering 128 freely definable audio paths, expandable protocols, multi-format I/O choices, and flexible user interface and workflow - all delivered at a pristine 24-bit / 96kHz sound quality.
“Open" refers to the console’s ability to adapt to many different formats of inputs, outputs, and protocols. This not only includes the large variety of Roland digital snakes already in the lineup but also protocols, such as Dante, MADI, Waves SoundGrid, additional REAC ports, and other formats and solutions to come.
“High Resolution” refers firstly to everything running at 96kHz – end to end. All of the Roland Pro A/V peripherals have been 96kHz-capable from the start. From the preamps running high-end 24-bit AD/DA converters to all the carefully selected components and processors, you can be guaranteed pristine sound that is noticeably better.
“Configurable Architecture” is the console’s ability to adapt to the application - allowing you to essentially “build” the mixer you need. How many input channels? How many auxiliary buses, groups, matrices? All of the elements that are typically fixed in most mixers are flexible with OHRCA. How you work with faders, buttons, and knobs and screen are also adaptable to how you are used to working already.
- 128 freely definable audio paths unlock a new realm of flexibility - The Roland M-5000 console's internal mix architecture is not fixed and can be freely defined within a range of up to 128 input/output channels/busses. This allows you to essentially "build" a console structure based on the immediate needs of the application. This makes for a console that accommodates high levels of flexibility for precise response to dynamically changing applications and venues.
- Numerous audio networks and I/O needs - Expansion options including Dante, MADI, Waves SoundGrid, REAC, XI-SDI, XI- SFP and XI-DVI open the door to endless configurations, applications and emerging standards.
- Input and output options galore - Up to 300 inputs and 296 outputs (and more at 48kHz) are managed in separate patchbays. Any input can be patched to any or multiple outputs, including control* of gain and phantom power, without having to be patched through a mixing channel. OHRCA makes it possible to control an enormous number of input and output channels across multiple protocols and formats.
- Maintain perfect sound - It starts with a high sampling rate of 96kHz. The discrete circuitry was precisely designed with careful component selection and circuit architecture, separation of analog and digital sound modules, 72-bit linear summing circuit, and more.
- A flexible and versatile user interface - The concept behind the interface is "freedom” - accommodating the individual workflow of the engineer to the greatest extent possible.
- The 12" touch screen - Flat design and vector graphics for clear and vivid display of information. The 16 encoders feature rings whose colors change according to their assigned functions to match on-screen parameters. The "touch and turn" mechanism of touching the desired parameter and turning the selected knob achieves fast, intuitive operation.
- Flexible Workflow: 28 faders in 4 banks - Each of the eight-fader bank sections is equipped with an Isolate function that enables scrolling and layer switching independently or in tandem. Different elements can be assigned to each bank, such as mix channels to one fader section and DCAs to a second fader section. “Jump” to often-used fader scrolling positions using Anchor points. Assign critical channels to the four assignable fixed faders.
- User assignable preferences - The right side of the surface features an assignable section that lets the user assign key functions for quick access. Bright, full-color OEL displays offer excellent visibility in any light.
- Flexible control and screen space - Operate the console from a computer on a second or third display. The M-5000 GUI allows multiple windows, and features support for high-resolution displays. The dedicated app supports remote control from an iPad and supports Retina displays for crystal clear graphics.
- Remote I/O Choices - An extensive lineup of digital snakes to choose from, which are all running at 24-bit/96kHz.
- Engineer's Monitor - For the monitor engineer, the M-5000 offers an Engineering Monitor function that mirrors each musician's M-48 enabling the engineer to hear exactly what the musician is hearing. Connect it to one of the two monitor buses and toggle back and forth between musicians using personal mixers and those using traditional bussing.
- Multi-channel Playback and Record - There are 48-channels of playback and recording, with no repatching required. When inserted inline between the I/O and the console, not only do you get full control of arming tracks, routing, starting, stopping with the Roland R-1000 48-Track Recorder/Player – you get playback for concerts, soundchecks, training – all the through the identical signal chain as your live sources with no patching required - complete with preamp compensation if necessary.
- Up to 128 CH (combination of INPUT CHANNEL, MAIN, SUBGROUP, AUX, MIX-MINUS, MATRIX, MONITOR, COMM, OSC, HEADPHONES)
- Max 300 ports (96 kHz), Max 460 ports (48 kHz / 44.1 kHz)
- CONSOLE: 16 .AES/EBU: 4 .REAC: 40 x 2
- EXPANSION SLOT: 80 x 2 (96 kHz), 160 x 2 (48 kHz / 44.1 kHz)
- USB AUDIO: 16 .DOCK: 2 .USB RECORDER: 2
- FX 1L-8R: 16 .TALKBACK: 2 .OSC: 2
- AES/EBU: 4
- REAC: 40 x 2
- USB AUDIO: 16
- EXPANSION SLOT: 80 x 2 (96 kHz), 160 x 2 (48 kHz / 44.1 kHz)
- USB AUDIO: 16
- DOCK: 2
- USB RECORDER: 2
- FX 1L-8R: 16
- Max 288 ports (96 kHz), Max 448 ports (48 kHz / 44.1 kHz)
- CONSOLE: 8
- 72 bits (fixed point, bus summing)
- AD/DA Conversion: 24 bit
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Network Latency: 1.6 ms (typ.)
- Console Latency: 1.1 ms (typ.)
- Network Latency: Total system latency of audio signal from S-2416 inputs to outputs via M-5000's REAC ports (A or B).
- Console Latency: Total system latency of audio signal from console inputs to console outputs.
- Sampling rate: 96 kHz
- Effect: No insert effects
- When a REAC Splitter S-4000D or a switching hub is used in-line with REAC cables, the network latency will increase by the amount of processing delay introduced by the splitting device itself. The actual delay is dependent upon the specifications of the splitting device, though the maximum delay amount for a single splitting device should be about 200 microseconds.
- INPUT jacks (1 - 16): XLR-3-31 type (balanced, phantom power)
- TALKBACK MIC 2 jack: XLR-3-31 type (balanced, phantom power)
- AES/EBU IN jacks (1/2, 3/4): XLR-3-31 type
- PHONES 1 jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- PHONES 2 jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- AES/EBU OUT jacks (1/2, 3/4): XLR-3-32 type
- REAC ports (A, B, SPLIT/BACKUP): RJ-45 EtherCon type, REAC SPLIT/BACKUP port supports REAC EMBEDDED POWER.
- WORD CLOCK connector (IN, OUT): BNC type
- RS-232C connector: DB-9 type
- MIDI connector (OUT/THRU, IN)
- USB port (MEMORY): USB type A
- USB WLAN ADAPTOR port: USB type A
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- LAN port: RJ45 type
- DOCK CABLE port: 10-pin mini DIN type
- GP I/O port: DB-25 type
- FOOT SWITCH jacks (1, 2): 1/4-inch TRS phone type V/500 mA
- EXT.POWER DC IN jack: XLR-4-32 type
- XLR type: 1 GND, 2 HOT, 3 COLD
- Phantom power: DC +48 V (unloaded maximum), 14 mA (maximum load) (All XLR type inputs)
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8) : XLR-3-32type (balanced)
- LAMP jacks: XLR-4-31 type × 1, LAMP power DC+12 V/500 mA
Frequency Response (typ. *1 *2)
- PHONES jacks (1, 2): -2 dB / +0 dB (32 ohms load, 150 mW, 20 Hz to 40 kHz)
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): -2 dB / +0 dB (20k ohms load, +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 40 kHz)
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (typ. *1 *2)
- PHONES jacks (1, 2): (1, 2): 0.01 % (32 ohms load, 150 mW)
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): 0.007 % (+4 dBu)
Dynamic Range (IHF-A, typ. *1 *2)
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): 102 dB
Crosstalk @ 1 kHz (IHF-A, typ. *1 *2)
- INPUT jacks (1 - 16): -100 dB
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): -109 dB
- INPUT jacks (1 - 16): 7 k ohms
- TALKBACK MIC 2 jack: 4 k ohms (Phantom: ON)
Nominal Input Level (Variable, typ.)
- INPUT jacks (1 - 16): -65 to -10 dBu (Pad: OFF), -45 to +10 dBu (Pad: ON)
- TALKBACK MIC 2 jack: -65 to -10 dBu
Non Clip Maximum Input level (1 kHz, typ.)
- INPUT jacks (1 - 16): +8 dBu (Pad: OFF), +28 dBu (Pad: ON)
- TALKBACK MIC 2 jack: +8 dBu
Output Impedance (typ.)
- PHONES jacks (1, 2): 45 ohms
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): 600 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
- PHONES jacks (1, 2): 32 ohms or greater
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): 10 k ohms or greater
Minimum Load Impedance
- PHONES jacks (1, 2): 16 ohms
Nominal Output Level (ty.)
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): +4 dBu (Load impedance: 10 k ohms)
Non Clip Maximum Output level (1 kHz, typ.)
- PHONES jacks (1, 2): 500 mW + 500 mW (40 ohms load)
- OUTPUT jacks (1 - 8): +22 dBu (10 k ohms load)
Residual Noise Level (IHF-A, typ. *1)
- -89 dBu (All faders: Min)
- -82 dBu (Main Fader: Unity, Channel faders: Unity only one CONSOLE INPUT channel, Preamp Gain: Min)
- -50 dBu (Main Fader: Unity, Channel faders: Unity only one CONSOLE INPUT channel, Preamp Gain: Max)
- Input 150 ohms terminate
- Output Connector: OUTPUT jacks (M-5000: 1 - 16, M-5000C: 1 - 8)
Equivalent Input Noise Level (E.I.N.) (IHF-A, typ. *1)
- -127 dBu (Main Fader: Unity, Channel faders: Unity only one CONSOLE INPUT channel, Preamp Gain: Max)
- Output Connector: OUTPUT jacks 1 - 8
*1 Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
*2 Input Connector: INPUT Jacks (M-5000: 1 - 16, M-5000C: 1 - 8) (Pad: ON, Input Gain: +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 40 kHz)
- Display: Graphic color LCD 800 x 600 dots (touch screen) / Graphic organic light emitting display 256 x 64 dots: Fader Bank Display x 5, User Assignable Display x 1
- Operation Temperature +5 to +40 degrees Celsius / +41 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power Consumption: 180 W
Physical & Dimensions
- Height: 346mm
- Width: 740mm
- Depth: 725mm
- Weight: 32kg
For shipping detail on items destined outside the UK contact the sales office for a quotation.
Save up to 3.43% on our list price,check out via our international swift transfer partner
US $ CAD $ GBP £ EURO & many more welcome mid market rates guarantee
lower admin fee's .
Click the logo and your done . UK SHIPPING INCLUDED overseas please email for shipping quote