Precision Devices PD.186/2 18" Driver 8 OHMS (PD186 MK2) PD.186 Mk2 700W
Designed to provide outstanding high power bass and sub bass, suitable for all systems demanding the best possible low frequency response.
A popular choice for horn loaded applications when the PD.186/2's full low end can deliver extremely high SPLs. Ideal for three-way direct radiating systems where the powerful bass comes into its own.
Well suited for use with PD. 121 and 1' / 2' compression drivers in direct radiating/horn loaded systems where the double suspension system allows it to thrive in the demanding touring sector.
- Brand new 18" chassis design
- Heavy duty cast aluminium frame for increased rigidity
- Capable of dissipating tremendous heat build up when driven in concert conditions
- 110 oz ceramic magnet
- Huge copper area and breathing arrangement of the voice coil ensures superior power compression performance
- Double suspension system maintaining a pure piston action for the moving mass and provides additional durability against the rigours of life on the road
- Nominal Diameter 460 mm / 18"
- Voice Coil Diameter 127 mm / 5.0"
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ω
- Available In 4 Ω/ 8 Ω/ 16 Ω
- Power Rating 700 w (A.E.S.)
- Peak Power (6dB Crest Factor) 2800 w (A.E.S.)
- Sensitivity (1w / 1m) 95 dB
- Frequency Range 30 Hz - 2 kHz
- Recommended Enclosure Volume 100 - 350 Litres
- Resonance 34.18 Hz
- Voice Coil Winding Depth 25 mm / 0.98"
- Magnet Gap Depth 9 mm / 0.35"
- Flux Density Tesla 0.95 Tesla
- Magnet Material Ceramic
- Voice Coil Material Copper
- Former Material Glass Fibre
- Dust Dome Material Paper
- Suspension Material Dual Fabric
- Cone Surround Material Paper / Fabric
Thiele Small Parameters:
- Fs 34.18 Hz
- Re 6.19 Ω
- Qms 10.77
- Qes 0.55
- Qts 0.52
- Le 1.95 mh
- L2 3.06 mh
- R2 8.07 Ω
- Vas 192.15 litres
- Mms 203.93 g
- Sd 1134.11 cm2
- Cms 106.67 µm/N
- BL 22.18 T/m
- Xmax 10.5 mm
- Vd 1.2 litres
- Ref. Efficiency 2.05%
Mounting and Shipping Information
- Overall Diameter 474 mm
- Width Across Flats 459 mm
- Flange Height 14.5 mm
- Depth (Excl. Flange) 173 mm
- Magnet Diameter 220 mm
- Chassis Shoulder Diameter 414.5 mm
- Outer Bolt Circle 6 * M8 on 455mm PCD
- Nett Weight 14.9 Kg / 32.85 lb.
- Shipping Weight 16.4 Kg / 36.16 lb.
*1 Power compression is the reduction of sensitivity at the specified power. Higher power ratings do not necessarily give a proportionate increase in SPL therefore the maximum SPL of the driver may significantly exceed that of other manufacturers with high power ratings.
** Distortion is measured at 10% of the rated power (AES Standard).
- 1. AES Standard (40 to 400 Hz) Program 1400 Watts.
- 2. AES Recommended Practice.